April 2, 2011

"Resident Evil: Begins" is the official title and yes it is a reboot!


Last month I announced that the fifth installment of "Resident Evil" finally got a release date, and that Milla Jovovich will return as the leading character as well as Sienna Guillory who will reprise her role as Jill Valentine. Now the title treatment of this movie is finally released, and that it will be titled "Resident Evil: Begins".

Sounds familiar? Of course, with all things-reboot are happening now in movie industry, I guess we are not surprised that this franchise finally come to terms. In contrary to the previous movies, Jill Valentine allegedly will take the lead in which it will be set in 1998, way before the first "Resident Evil" occured. For me it sounds pretty exciting, but what about the answer to the hanging ending of "Resident Evil: Afterlife"? I was kinda hoping we will able to see more of the blonde-makeover Jill on this fifth movie.

If it is a reboot and Jill will takeover the lead role, I think it's pretty possible for Chris Redfield to return as well. I did play the first "Resident Evil" video game where the two were main characters with Albert Wesker as the main villain, so I think Wesker will likely return as well. But in the other hand, it means that my wish to bring Leon Kennedy live on the movie won't come true. :/

"Resident Evil: Begins" will be released in 3D on September 12, 2012.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that Jill in this one is the main character, as a prequel and a game for it. But I thought their going to make it left of where, Afterlife in it and Paul said he would put Leon in the 5th one. Also if it’s a prequel I'll like that, if it leads up to Re, Apocalypse, then maybe re 3 extinction just based on her and how she became what she is at the end of the 4th one. Then she maybe the main character and kill the rest except Alice in the 5th one then Jill and Alice - yet again will be the main characters and make this one finish for good, with a happy ending after umbrella.
Also I am becoming a film writer and then I am writing some resident evil film scripts, which is a replica off the games which will please fans, with a lead game character in them, instead of random. Which is better and it will please fans like me. So I was just doing them for myself and the fans. I hope it doesn’t put me of for if I do them in 8 years, as I have to have 6 years of training to do yet !!.
Please reply and say what you think, I do not want to be put off, but I am still cheered up when it’s Jill though as a heroine. Also I have done the first script for a film, if I do get the chance to be a film writer. With me about to do a second script – so this is based and from code veronica. Also I’d like you to guess, who the main lead heroine will be for the replica of the games, made into films. I am doing this because I really love that game character allot and I am trying to do it for he so she'll will live a better life in the films, as a heroine.
My Parents say it won’t, put you of - because I got 6 years to do it and after the six to ten years, they'll be finished with their ideas and I will do mine - ONLY IF IT HAPPENS FOLKS !!.
I am not very pleased if it, is a reboot and that will not let me do mine !!.