March 14, 2011

Josh Hutcherson is also in talks to star in "The Hunger Games" as Peeta Mellark

Watchout Alex Pettyfer, seems like you got some competition here. Former child actor Josh Hutcherson is reportedly also contending for Peeta Mellark role in the upcoming page-to-screen adaptation of "The Hunger Games". It has been revealed that Hutcherson already had meetings with Lionsgate about the role, but still, no decision made.

Hutchersoon told Entertainment Weekly that he has even met with Gary Ross, "The Hunger Games" director. However, Hutcherson admitted, "But they're meeting a lot of people right now. One can only dream.". Later he revealed his personal fascination to Peeta Mellark, by saying, "I love Peeta. The character is so much who I am—self deprecating, a people person. And he'd be such a great character to play! Like in the third book? Oh my God."

Just like Ethan Anderson from First Showing said, I personally agree that Hutcherson will be a 'better' choice than Pettyfer. Well, I know that Pettyfer may be 'commercially' winning, as you all can see his face on theatres this month, from the sci-fi action "I Am Number Four" and teen drama "Beastly". Unfortunately he didn't seem to attract the movie critics as both movies failed to top the box office and receptions. In the other hand, Hutcherson is relatively very known in the US. Looking back to his resume, Hutcherson starred in famous acclaimed features such as "The Polar Express", "Little Manhattan", "Zathura: A Space Adventure", "RV", "Bridge to Terabithia", "Journey to the Center of the Earth", and recently the Oscar-nominated "The Kids Are Alright". Even though Pettyfer got the physical attraction, I think Hutcherson will have the best chance.

I made my choice, what about yours? ;)

0 Comments: