The one and only Steven Spielberg goes epic again in "War Horse"! Adapting Michael Morpurgo's 1982 novel with the same title, "War Horse" tells about a wonderful friendship between Joey, a horse sold into the British army and sent off to serve on the battlefields of France in World War I, and his young owner Albert (played by Jeremy Irvine), who tames and trains him. The movie follows Joey's journey as he moves from one place to another through the war. He may be no human, but he inspires and changes many people's lives, before he finally reaches the No Man's Land. Basically, we will get to see the horrific experience of the first World War through the eyes of this no ordinary horse.
Don't you all miss the epic work of Mr. Spielberg? "Empire of the Sun", "Saving Private Ryan", "Schindler's List" are all my favorites! I haven't read the "War House" original book, but reading at the synopsis I'm sure this movie will be good and make me cry (I mean, I haven't found any movies about true friendship of a man with his favorite pet/animal that unsuccessfully made me cry. From "Air Bud" to "Dragon Heart" -- they all made me cry!). Below are the first official stills of "War Horse" as released by Empire magazine. Take a look:
Jeremy Irvine, one of the young British newcomers who debuted his career in TV series "Life Bites" takes on the leading role as Albert. I'm sure after this movie comes out then his name won't be 'unknown' to many. David Thewlis, the Remus Lupin from "Harry Potter" franchise also stars; along with other British veterans Peter Mullan (whom I know from any Andrew Garfield movies I watched, which are all GREAT, from "Boy A" to "Red Riding" trilogy), who also has a supporting role in the last two "Harry Potter" movies as Death Eater Yaxley; Benedict Cumberbatch who previously worked in "Atonement" and "The Other Boleyn Girl"; Tom Hiddleston who portrays Loki in the upcoming "Thor" and "The Avengers" movie; Toby Kebbel who appeared in "RocknRolla", "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time", the upcoming "The Conspirator" and "Wrath of the Titans", amongst other British talents in this movie.
Lee Hall, the writer of Oscar nominated drama "Billy Elliott" and Richard Curtis, writer of "Love Actually" and "Bridget Jones' Diary" worked together to write the screenplay for this movie. With these good actors and screenplay writers all gathered up directed by one great director, there's no doubt that this will be likely an Oscar material feature. "War Horse" comes to theatres in December 28, 2011.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment