February 27, 2011

Inside the Oscars: who's going to present what!


83rd Annual Academy Awards is just a few hours away, and since I won't be able to do any live coverage (both tweet or live blog), I'm going to give you a tidbits about what's gonna happen at the show! Thanks to Deadline, we got an exclusive details from the rehearsals, complete with the list of presenters and the nominations they are carrying (I posted the rehearsal photos yesterday).


This year's host James Franco and Anne Hathaway will open the show with a Billy-Crystal-comedic filmed piece, and then they will welcome the audience reenacting a scene from "Gone With the Wind".

Tom Hanks will be the first presenter to hand out Best Art Direction and Best Cinematography. The next is actually Best Supporting Actress, but the name of the presenter wasn't on the list — I gotta feeling it will be chosen in the last minute.

Next, Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis will present Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Film. Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin then will take over the stage to present Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Original Screenplay.

Katy Perry's dear husband Russel Brand will present Best Foreign Language Film with his "Arthur" co-star Hellen Mirren. Then the former Best Actress winner Reese Witherspoon will come out to present Best Supporting Actor.

Two leading actors from Baz Luhrman's "Australia", Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman will present Best Original Score together, and continued by Matthew McConaughey and Scarlett Johansson who present Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing.

"Cyrus" star Marissa Tomei will present Motion Picture Arts & Sciences' Sci-Tech Awards, followed by Cate Blanchett who presents Best Makeup and Best Costume Design. Next will be the Best Song performances, with Randy Newman peforming "We Belong Together" from "Toy Story 3" soundtrack, followed by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levy to sing "I See The Light" from "Tangled".

After that, back to the award show. Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Adams will present Best Documentary Short Subject and Best Live Action Short Film. The infamous Oprah Winfrey will also make an appearance to present Best Documentary Feature.

The "Sherlock Holmes" co-stars Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law will be on stage to present Best Visual Effects and Best Film Editing, followed by another Best Song nomination performances, right now with Florence Welch (of Florence and the Machine) singing "127 Hours" soundtrack, "If I Rise", which originally sang by Dido. Then Gwyneth Paltrow will come out to perform "Coming Home" from "Country Strong" soundtrack.

As previously included in my Oscars rehearsal photos, Celine Dion will perform "Smile", during an In Memoriam segment, with William Ross-conducted orchestra. Halle Berry will present a Lena Horne tribute up then.

Last year's Best Director winner Kathryn Bigelow will present this year's Best Director with Hillary Swank. And then the nominated Annette Bening will introduce The Governor's Awards, a ceremony which will be held in November 14.

Jeff Bridges will come out next to present Best Actress winner, followed by last year's Best Actress winner Sandra Bullock who presents Best Actor.

And finally... The biggest award of the night, Best Motion Picture, will be presented by the one and only Steven Spielberg. Then the show will be closed by the lovely hosts Franco and Hathaway saying 'goodnights'.

* * *

I am so excited for this, but unfortunately I have some work to do so I won't be watching it. My guess is "The King's Speech" will take home Best Picture and Best Actor, but "Inception" will be the biggest winner of the night with more than 3 awards (hopefully). "The Social Network" will surely take over Best Adapted Screenplay, I must say, or even the Best Original Score. Christian Bale is the Best Supporting Actor, while Natalie Portman is the best leading lady. And then "Toy Story 3" is the Best Animated Feature, of course!

0 Comments: