This isn't a delightful news for me (and probably other Spider-Man fans), that one of the scene-stealer of the previous Spider-Man movies, the editor in chief of Daily Bugle, J. Jonah Jameson, won't be featured in the upcoming reboot. This news hasn't been confirmed yet, but it has spread all over the internet.
Why disappointing? Jameson put a lot of energy to the movie, with his caustic sense of humor by labeling Spidey as the "Masked Menace", but truthfully he realizes that the city does need Spidey. J.K. Simmons, the actor who portrayed Jameson on Sam Raimi's trilogy, did a really great job. He never failed to make the audience laugh. He's just the perfect man!
I tried not to freak out after hearing this news, because according to many people who commented in this Movie Web post, Jameson hadn't appeared yet in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. If the movie is set to play a high schooler Peter Parker, then he won't be working at the Daily Bugle at anytime soon. Even so, in a few on-set photos leaked a couple of days ago, the Daily Bugle van was indeed showed on the street.
For that reason, I think I can understand. But it also leaves me wondering on who will replacing the awesome J.K. Simmons. I don't think anyone can pull off what he did. At least not yet.
January 22, 2011
No Jonah Jameson for "Spider-Man" reboot. WHAT?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 Comments:
Post a Comment