January 24, 2011

Here comes the Razzie Awards nominations!

Finally! The ultimate anti-Oscar 'appreciation', Razzie Awards, has announced its nominations for worst of the worst movies last year. And as most people have predicted, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" and "Vampires Suck" dominate the entire worst nominations. "The Last Airbender", "Jonah Hex", and "Sex and the City 2" are also on it. Here are the complete nominations and my own predictions on who's going to be called the worst.



Worst Picture
"The Bounty Hunter"
"The Last Airbender"
"Sex & the City 2"
"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
"Vampires Suck"

I personally want "Eclipse" to win Worst Picture, but knowing that "Vampires Suck" and "The Last Airbender" are also nominated in the same category, biggest chance will be on the latter two. Both didn't even make 10% on Rotten Tomatoes' tomato-meter. They are absolutely rotten.
Worst Actor
Jack Black in "Gulliver's Travels"
Gerard Butler in "The Bounty Hunter"
Ashton Kutcher in "Killers" and "Valentine's Day"
Taylor Lautner in "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
Robert Pattinson in "Remember Me" and "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
I haven't watched "Gulliver's Travels" and "The Bounty Hunter" yet, but I think Ashton Kutcher might win this award. He seems to lose his funny persona recently, he's just trying too hard to be funny. I respect Taylor and Robert so I don't want them to be chosen as the worst.
Worst Actress
Jennifer Aniston in "The Bounty Hunter"
Miley Cyrus in "The Last Song"
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Catrall, Kristin Davis, & Cynthia Nixon in "Sex & The City 2"
Megan Fox in "Jonah Hex"
Kristen Stewart in "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
My 'favorite' to win Worst Actress would be Megan Fox. This is her second Razzie nomination since 2009, the same year when she received 'Worst Actress of the Year' by Moviefone. Second favorite would be the dead-eyed Kristen Stewart. Hopefully either of both will win.
Worst Supporting Actor
Billy Ray Cyrus in "The Spy Next Door"
George Lopez in "Marmaduke", "The Spy Next Door", and "Valentine's Day"
Dev Patel in "The Last Airbender"
Jackson Rathbone in "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
Rob Schneider in "The Grown Ups"
George Lopez and Rob Schneider will likely to win this award. I have no sentiment for George, but to Rob, I've never fond of his movies, let alone his acting. Please don't let Dev Patel win this award, I love that guy so much! And why is it only Jackson Rathbone from "Eclipse" that up for this nominee?
Worst Supporting Actress
Jessica Alba in "The Killer Inside Me", "Little Fockers", "Machete", and "Valentine's Day"
Cher in "Burlesque"
Liza Minelli in "Sex & The City 2"
Nicola Peltz in "The Last Airbender"
Barbra Streisand in "Little Fockers"
I don't know, I'm very sure that Jessica Alba will win this. She's been struggling in her career recently, even though she still signed up for a bunch of titles. But she lost her superstar persona, unlike in 2005 to 2008. Come on Jess, get back to "Fantastic Four"!
Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3D
"Cats & Dogs 2: Revenge of the Kitty Galore"
"Clash Of The Titans"
"The Last Airbender"
"The Nutcracker 3D"
"Saw 3D"
This award totally goes to "The Last Airbender". The special effect was fancy, but for people who had to cost more for 3D movie tickets would be absolutely disappointed by this movie. Thankfully I didn't watch the 3D version though.
Worst Screen Couple / Worst Screen Ensemble
Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler in "The Bounty Hunter"
Josh Brolin's face & Megan Fox's accent in "Jonah Hex"
The entire cast of "The Last Airbender"
The entire cast of "Sex & The City 2"
The entire cast of "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
I want Megan Fox to win again. I didn't pay attention to her accent though, but she just appeared with bad acting in any of her movies. Poor girl. And I do hope "Eclipse" cast will be the worst ensemble, if Megan didn't make it.
Worst Director
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer for "Vampires Suck"
Michael Patrick King for "Sex & The City 2"
M. Night Shyamalan for "The Last Airbender"
David Slade for "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
Sylvester Stallone for "The Expendables"
This will likely goes to M. Night Shyamalan. The eccentric and 'mystique' director completely failed. We all love "The Sixth Sense" don't we? Why didn't he just pull off something like that? I know he loves the 'water' element but that doesn't mean he didn't have enough time to arrange the plot.
Worst Screenplay
"The Last Airbender"
"Little Fockers"
"Sex & The City 2"
"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
"Vampires Suck"
Again, I think this will go to "The Last Airbender". Go watch the movie by yourself if you don't believe me.
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel
"Clash Of The Titans"
"The Last Airbender"
"Sex & The City 2"
"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
"Vampires Suck"
I hope there will be triple-tied winners for this award. "Eclipse", "The Last Airbender", and "Vampires Suck".

0 Comments: